Well-earned benefits for military members and veterans
As a service member or veteran, you’re entitled to take advantage of special mortgage options backed by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). We’ve been a VA lender since 1946, helping veterans buy homes with deserved benefits.
- No down payment required - You can buy a home with no down payment, as long as the sales price does not exceed the home’s appraised value.
- Low closing costs - VA rules limit the amount of closing costs you’re required to pay. Plus, VA rules allow for seller-paid closing costs. We’ll help you understand the eligibility rules.
- No Private Mortgage Insurance - Most low down payment mortgages require Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI), which raises your monthly payment. A VA loan will save you money because PMI isn’t required.
- Reusable eligibility - You don’t have to be a first-time home buyer and you can reuse your loan benefit to buy or refinance a home.*
- Energy Efficient Mortgage - The VA offers an Energy Efficient Mortgage (EEM) loan program to help you finance qualified energy efficient upgrades to the home you're purchasing or refinancing. You may finance up to an additional $6,000 to your VA loan to fund these improvements, which will increase your monthly payment while helping you save on utility costs.